Santa’s Unconditional Love

BelovedYuleElf

Yule may be over, but Santa’s always looking for ways to bring you happiness—the whole holiday season and the whole year.

Here is a simple quick ritual to let in unconditional love any time of the year.

First, an explanation: I think Santa is awesome. For example, last year one of my jobs as his Yule elf was being a snow faerie—I had a blast painting snowflakes! (Click here for more about that job.)

Another example: my above painting shows something cool Santa did with some of the snowflakes I made. He does it not just for his elves, but for you and everyone. Unconditional love.

Ritual: Spend about 60 seconds with your head raised to the sky, whether it’s snowing or not, while God’s love tumbles down and kisses you. Or take 60 seconds to meditate on the painting, to let in unconditional love.

FRS_Bar3

Click here to learn about the Faerie Ritual Set.

This entry was posted in Art, Writing, and Music, Spirit and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Santa’s Unconditional Love

1. Lisa says:

Hi Francesca,

Thank you for gift wrapping me in all the E.I.P (Elfin’ Inspiring Presents/Presence) treatment!

I wouldn’t have known about some of those other postings..and the idea of leaving cookies out with milk is so entirely sweet!

I can’t wait for a book like this….it will add a lot of magic and help those who get down or want more info on how to bring that hope of childlike faith back again as well as playful fun!

That makes sense how Santa’s appearance can alter depending upon how you see him or perhaps the mood you are in or what you may be requesting. Santa can come in many shapes….more traditional or non. I agree with how and whom Santa is.

Thank you so much Francesca!!!

2. Lisa says:

Francesca, I LOVE this!!!!

I actually have had on my mind for a few days a question about Santa as a Pagan God and also ways to have fun with helping.

The reason being I got your “Be A Teen Goddess” book and one of the exercises in there/spells is a money ritual. You mentioned how one friend calls on Santa Claus the entire year round and another friend has a fun ritual where each person ( I believe it was on Yule) go around asking Santa for what they wanted most.

I had a question…funny thing is that when I went to my local dollar tree I noticed two identical cute mini Elf on the Shelf notebooks each with Santa. The Elf on the Shelf was tacking his list of goodies on Santa’s beard (or it looks that way) and he’s happy. For some reason even though I don’t NEED the book I had to have it. There was like a magic spark when off inside me as I felt when I was a kid…perhaps my inner child as they call it or childlike wonderment and awe.

The reason being your friend that calls on Santa Claus’ help year round does she have an altar and statue of him as well as make offerings? I wanted to get one where is dressed in all green/Celtic one (I’m part Irish ancestry and also with honoring the traditional green for prosperity, growth, earth, etc. I was thinking of doing that or perhaps making my own statue or little altar/shrine to him.

I’m very to new this and was wondering if you haven’t already is there anyway you could make a Yule Tip Book and exercises, rituals, prayers, and charms to honor Santa and be a Yule elf and if you are one and also a blog post to give us a few tidbits we can do to connecting with his energy, etc.

Thanks!

3. That reminded me of something that I think you’d be quite the person to appreciate.

My late-life son was eight this year, and we felt that after this Yule, he would be best served by not being the last kid in his cohort to “believe in Santa Claus.” We were already stretching it by telling him that all the Pagan kids got special treatment from Santa by getting their presents early, on the actual Solstice.

So I explained to him that Santa was not a specific person, but the egregore of all our seasonal feelings of fellowship, love, and hope. And the way I explained it started out “You are now old enough to be initiated into the society of people who make Santa Claus real. We do this for the joy of seeing kids younger than you open their presents. Santa is me, your Mom, all the people who are old enough to understand the joy of giving as well as receiving, and now …. YOU.”

He acted like I had given him a hundred Yules and ten birthdays all at once.

He’s autistic. Don’t anyone tell me about autistic people being “detached.”

Agape, and blessings on your way.

— Freeman
    — Fra. Ophis, CHS (Rector, Far Harran Encampment)
    — Blog/book reviews: http://freemanpresson.wordpress.com
    “…to affirm and participate in the pursuit of a deliberately Ordered Kosmos as a Questing Magical Knight” — V. H. Fra. Osiris

• Francesca De Grandis says:

OMGoddess, that is an amazing story. Thank you for giving me this glimpse into your remarkable parenting skills. And it is lovely to get to know you a little bit better through the story.

…Hmm, I keep thinking about how many parents could benefit from your solution to the dilemma of what to tell older children about Santa: tell them the real truth, not only about Santa, but about the joy of serving others! And do it in a way that empowers the child utterly!

I want you to know that I was so moved by your story that I cried happy tears. I read the comment to a friend: Her eyes started watering, too!

Ok, I may sound over the top, but I can’t say enough good things about your comment, because in addition to your whole Santa thing, you make a vital point about autism. It’s important to me, because my autistic 12 year old friend, who is like a granddaughter to me, is a sensitive, deep young woman. I love your post so much, thanks again.

• Kestril says:

This makes me smile so much Freeman. My son is high functioning on the spectrum. It has never, ever been a case of him not being able to feel, but that he feels so much and has trouble processing it that causes him to act out. I could see how the idea of being initiated into a group of folks dedicated to bring wonder and joy to others would be one of the most awesome things ever to a similar child.

4. Cindy hunt says:

Thanks Francesca, Happy Yule, Merry Christmas!! I plan on using your ritual many times !!! Thanks so much for sharing it. Thank You for all the wonderful work you do for all of us every year! I hope you have a very magical holiday . Your friend Cindy

• Francesca De Grandis says:

I am so happy you like the ritual! That means a lot to me, as do all your kind words. It is funny, because I was in a bit of self-pity yesterday and feeling like nobody appreciated my work, then somebody called to say how much it had helped her, and now you post such kind praise. Thank you muchly! May you and yours have a wonderful holiday. I am glad you’re in my life!